Poetry in Purple


Your dark purple sweater

with bumpy, embroidered flowers.


The lilac bush in your backyard

busting out its frail fragrance,

only for a short time.


Bees humming around your hyacinths,

like electricity pulsing through an old T.V.,

rousing the hairs on my neck.


Balsamic vinegar mixed with oil

swirling the Queen's majestic colors

around my nostalgic tongue

like a bruise.


The light purple candle I rarely light.

I made it to remember

what you used to say,

"I love you more."


My lavender painted bedroom walls--

the shade that soothes.

It changes in intensity 

each time the sun moves

and makes me think of you.







Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and for your comments! To be notified of new posts, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/39JLWVs

Popular Posts